The Los Angeles Chargers look to continue their unlikely playoff push when they host the Washington Redskins in Week 14. Kickoff is set for 4:05 EST on Sunday, December 10 at the StubHub Center in Carson, California. Fans in local markets can watch the game on CBS.
Oddsmakers list the Chargers as 6.5-point favorites at home with an over/under of 49 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 14 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Redskins vs Chargers Vegas Game Odds & Betting Predictions
The Chargers enter Week 14 on a three-game winning streak, their second such streak of the season. Despite starting the season 0-4, the Chargers have crawled back to 6-6 and are now in a three-way tie atop the AFC West with the Chiefs and Raiders. Los Angeles is also just a game out of a wild-card spot. If the Chargers can stay hot, they may be able to sneak into the playoffs one way or another.
Washington, meanwhile, is all but finished after last week’s lopsided loss to the Cowboys. The Redskins have lost three of their last four games to fall to 5-7 on the season. Even if they win out, a 9-7 record may not be good enough to earn a wild-card spot in the NFC.
Free NFL Pick Against the Spread: Chargers -6.5
I’m starting to believe in the Chargers as a team that can win the AFC West. They’ve been consistently good over the past two months, and that’s not something you can say about Washington. Los Angeles needs to win by at least a touchdown in order to cover the spread. But I’ll take my chances with the Chargers and swallow the points.
Over their last eight games, the Chargers have forced a league-high 19 turnovers. They quietly have one of the best scoring defenses in the NFL. Since starting the season 0-4, their only losses have come against the Jaguars and Patriots, both on the road. Based on that, I’d say they’re at least a touchdown better than a Redskins team that’s average at best.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
During their current three-game winning streak, the Chargers are winning games by an average margin of 20 points. To be fair, they only managed to beat the lowly Browns by nine points last week. However, Los Angeles dominated the game statistically and was simply unable to finish drives. I can see that being less of a problem against one of the league’s worst defensive teams.
The Redskins have allowed at least 33 points in five of their last seven games, losing all five of those games. The Los Angeles offense isn’t as balanced as some of the teams Washington has faced in that span. But Philip Rivers is playing as well as any quarterback in the league right now.
In his last eight games, Rivers has thrown 15 touchdowns and just three interceptions. He also has close to 800 yards passing over his last two games. I expect him to have a good game against the Washington defense and help the Chargers find the end zone a few times.
Meanwhile, Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins was sacked four times and turned the ball over three times during last week’s loss to the Cowboys. Cousins could once again find himself in a spot in which he’s forced to help the Redskins erase a deficit. That’s not a good position for him against a ball-hawking Chargers defense.
Unless the Washington defense can play uncharacteristically well, I see the Redskins falling behind early in this game. A 2nd half deficit could lead to Cousins forcing things and turning the ball over. If this game follows that kind of script, the Chargers should have no problem winning by at least a touchdown and being able to cover the spread.
- Updated 2018 NFL Win Total Numbers, Projections & Past Results
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History