This Sunday the Philadelphia Eagles will host the Washington Redskins. Kickoff for this Week 14 matchup is set for 1:00 EST at Lincoln Financial Field. The game will be televised locally on FOX. Oddsmakers have this one listed as a pick’em with a total at 46.5 points. Click here for more free NFL betting leans and game odds.
Redskins vs Eagles Vegas Odds Preview
Washington (6-5-1) comes in off a 23-31 loss at Arizona. That’s now back-t0-back losses for the Redskins, who fell the previous week at Dallas. It’s dropped Washington out of the playoff picture going into Week 14. The Redskins are now a 1/2-game back of Tampa Bay for the final Wild Card spot.
Philadelphia (5-7) continued it’s struggles, losing 14-32 at Cincinnati in Week 13. The Eagles have now lost 3 straight and are a mere 2-7 since their 3-0 start. Philadelphia is still in the playoff hunt, but are a long-shot to make it. The Eagles are 2-games back of the Bucs for the final Wild Card spot and have to jump 5 teams, including the Redskins.
These two NFC East rivals played back in Week 6 at Washington. The Redskins won that meeting 27-20 and never trailed in route to their victory. The Eagles were lucky it wasn’t a bigger blowout, as they were outgained 493 to 239 on the game.
Free Pick & Spread Predictions: Eagles Pick’em
My early lean here is on Philadelphia at home against the Redskins. As bad as the Eagles have looked in recent weeks, I think this is a game where they can get things turned around. Philadelphia didn’t show up with the right mentality at Cincinnati last week. It showed on the field and I don’t think that’s going to sit well with this team.
Click on the link for more free NFL picks from our expert handicappers.
It’s also a lot easier to get up for a division rival when things aren’t going your way. Especially when you are playing with revenge from an earlier loss. I know the Eagles lost their last home game against the Packers, but they are 4-1 at home this season. Compared to 1-6 on the road. Philadelphia is outscoring opponents on their home field 24.2 to 13.0.
While I like the motivational spot for the Eagles, I think this is a good spot to fade Washington. The Redskins aren’t exactly killing it right now, as they are just 2-3-1 in their last 6 games. They haven’t won on the road since Week 5 at Baltimore. A game they arguably should have lost. This will also be Washington’s 3rd straight road game. Which is a lot tougher spot than people realize.
The biggest problem for the Eagles of late has been their offense. Philadelphia hasn’t scored more than 15 points in their last 3 games. Washington is a team that they can get things going against. The Redskins are 22nd against the run (114.3 ypg) and 18th against the pass (255.2 ypg). Keep in mind they let a struggling Arizona offense put up 31 points and 369 yards last week. The Cardinals hadn’t scored more than 24 in 5 games and were fresh off a 19-38 beating at Atlanta.
There’s also a strong system in play favoring the Eagles to cover. The key is to look for teams listed as an underdog or pick’em in a game involving to mediocre teams with a point differential difference of +/- 3, who are coming off a game where they scored 14 or less. Teams in this spot are 84-41 (67%) ATS since 1983 with an 8-2 ATS record over the last 3 seasons.
- Week 1 NFL Football Betting Lines: Point Spreads & Totals
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- What Players Were Invited to the NFL Draft in 2017
- List of the Greatest NFL Draft Sleepers of All-Time
- Predicting the 2017 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- NFL Scoring by Quarter: Highest & Average Per Game
- Packers vs Lions
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 51
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Patriots vs Falcons
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Fun Facts
- Betting Super Bowl LI: Odds to Win the MVP Award