The New York Giants will mercifully bring their nightmare of a season to an end when they play the Washington Redskins in Week 17. Game time is set for 1:00 EST on Sunday, December 31 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The game will be available on Fox for fans in local markets.
Oddsmakers list the Redskins as 3-point favorites on the road. The over/under is set at 38 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 17 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Giants vs Redskins Vegas Betting Odds & Game Preview
On the season, the Giants have just two wins. They’ve also lost five in a row, including last week’s 23-0 loss to the Cardinals. Both fans and players alike should be relieved to see this season come to an end. Of course, this game could also mark the end of an era for the Giants. The team will have a new head coach and GM in place next season. It’s also possible that several key players, most notably Eli Manning, won’t be with the team in 2018.
Washington, meanwhile, has won their last two games and will hope to win one more to finish the season at 8-8, even if the Redskins aren’t playoff bound. The Redskins will also face some uncertainty following the season as it pertains to quarterback Kirk Cousins. Head coach Jay Gruden wants to keep Cousins, but preventing him from hitting the open market will be tough.
NFL Betting Predictions & Free Pick Against the Spread: Redskins -3
This is a heavy lean in favor of the Redskins. Based on how the Giants have played this year, especially last week, I’m surprised they aren’t bigger underdogs, even at home. New York has rarely been within a touchdown of teams during the second half of the season, so I have no reason to think the Giants will keep this game competitive. I’m confident the Redskins will win this game comfortably.
When these two teams met on Thanksgiving, the Giants only managed 170 total yards and seven first downs. They made a mediocre Washington defense look dominant. The Redskins also had good defensive efforts the past two weeks against bad offensive teams. I have to think they can the same this week against the Giants. After the Giants got shut out last week against the Cardinals, I don’t have high hopes for the New York offense this week.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
The New York defense has been equally problematic this season. The Giants have given up an average of 26 points over their current five-game losing streak. If they give up another over 20 points this week, I have a hard time believing they’ll score enough to keep the game competitive. The Redskins haven’t been overly impressive on offense this season, but they can move the ball against bad defensive teams.
I also expect Cousins to have a strong effort this week, much like he did against the Giants earlier this year, throwing for 242 yards and two touchdowns. Cousins has had plenty of ups and downs this year. But he knows this is his last chance to showcase himself for teams if he ends up hitting the open market this offseason. He’ll be ready to finish the season on a high note.
After the season the Giants have had, it’d be hard to believe in them winning this game or even keeping it close. It wouldn’t be impossible to see the Giants play well at home. After all, they nearly knocked off the Eagles a couple weeks ago. But I feel a lot more comfortable siding with Washington in this game, especially with only three points to cover.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances