The Washington Redskins will host the New York Giants in a key NFC East matchup on Sunday. Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST at FedEx Field and will be televised locally on FOX. Oddsmakers have Washington as a 8-point favorite with the total at 44 points. Click here for more free betting previews and game odds for Week 17.
Giants vs Bengals Vegas Spread Preview
New York (10-5) enters off a 19-24 loss at Philadelphia on Thursday Night Football in Week 15. It was not the result most were expecting, as the Giants could have clinched a playoff spot with a win. They got some help over the weekend and are locked into the No. 5 seed in the NFC.
Washington (8-6-1) had no trouble disposing of the Bears on the road. The Redskins defeated Chicago 41-21. That win coupled with the Cowboys victory over the Lions has Washington still alive for a Wild Card spot. In fact, if the Redskins beat the Giants they will be in as the No. 6 seed in the NFC. A loss and their season is over.
These two teams played way back in Week 3 at New York. Washington won that contest 29-27 on a late 37-yard field goal by Dustin Hopkins. New York had a 457 to 403 edge in total yards, but were -2 in the turnover department.
Free Pick & Betting Predictions: Redskins -8
This line has clearly been inflated due to the circumstances, but I don’t think it matters. The Giants have absolutely nothing to play for being locked into the No. 5 seed. On the flip side of this, this is essentially a playoff game at home for the Redskins. You either lay the big number with Washington or stay away from this game.
Click on the link for more free NFL picks from our experts on staff.
As of right now, the Giants haven’t made their plans for this one official. That might be the case, but I see no way they don’t rest as many of their star players as possible. Don’t be surprised if Eli Manning plays a series and his pulled to keep his active start streak in tact.
If Manning doesn’t play a lot here, this one could get ugly in a hurry. Keep in mind that backup QB Ryan Nassib is out for the season with an elbow injury. That means we could see a lot of 3rd string QB Josh Johnson, who hasn’t attempted a pass since 2011 with Tampa Bay.
The other thing here is the Giants defense has really been what has got them to this point. I think there’s no chance we see star corner Janoris Jenkins or any other defensive guy with the slightest injury concern. I believe defense is where you really struggle in games that mean nothing. Without that killer instinct, you really have no chance in this league. Especially against a dynamic offense like the Redskins.
It’s also worth pointing out this has been a bad spot for New York even when the games matter. The Giants are just 1-8-2 ATS in their last 11 road games against a team with a winning home record. As for Washington, they 5-0 ATS in last 5 vs team with a winning record and 4-0 ATS last 4 vs the NFC East.
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Updated Odds to Win Super Bowl 52
- A Look at How Much Money is Bet on the Super Bowl Each Year
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing Head Coaches
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 51
- Super Bowl Betting Pool Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Patriots vs Falcons
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Fun Facts
- Betting Super Bowl LI: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City