This Sunday the Los Angeles Rams (1-0) will host the Washington Redskins (0-1). Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST at LA Memorial Coliseum and will be televised locally on FOX.
Most books have the Rams laying a field goal (-3), though I do see a few 2.5s out there with the big juice on LA. The total for this matchup is still sitting on the opening number of 46. Click here for a full Week 2 betting schedule and links to more game previews.
Redskins vs Rams Vegas Betting Odds & NFL Game Predictions
Washington didn’t have a great start to the year, as they lost at home 17-30 to division rival Philadelphia. Though they were expected to lose as a 2-point dog. The Redskins actually took a 14-13 lead lead in the 1st half, but were outscored 17-3 from that point on.
The Rams couldn’t have had a better start to their season, as they cruised to a 46-9 win over the Colts. Easily covering as a mere 3.5-point favorite. While it’s impressive to beat any NFL team by that margin, Indy went into the fight without Andrew Luck at quarterback.
This will be the first meeting since 2015, back when Jeff Fisher was still the head coach of the Rams and his new replacement, Sean McCay was the OC for the Redskins. Washington won that matchup 24-10 as a 3-point home underdog.
Free Pro Football Pick Against the Betting Spread: Rams -3
I would have to lean towards taking Los Angeles in this one. I was high on this Rams team coming into the year, picking them to go 9-7 and be right there for a shot at the Wild Card. It was all about the addition of McVay, who didn’t get near the respect he deserved for turning the Redskins offense into a juggernaut with Kirk Cousins as his quarterback.
Click on the link for more free NFL picks from our top rated handicappers.
We saw in Week 1 just how much Washington missed McVay’s play calling and how it impacted the Rams offensive attack. Washington’s offense was responsible for just 10 points. In fact, the defense scored before they did, returning an interception 24-yards midway through the 2nd quarter. The Redskins offense managed just 264 yards and committed 4 turnovers. Keep in mind Washington had won the previous 5 games against the Eagles.
Sure the Rams got two defensive TDs and a safety, but the offense was still responsible for 30 points. That’s with having to settle for 3 field goals. Jared Goff looked nothing like he did as a rookie, going 21 of 29 for 306 yards. While Todd Gurley struggled on the ground, he had 96 total yards and a score.
I think a lot of people will just call that a fluke and credit their success more of a result of their opponent than their own doing. I think they are forgetting just how bad the Rams offense was last year. They didn’t even score a touchdown in the first two weeks of last season.
Same thing with LA’s defense. With Aaron Donald not playing, most will just credit that great showing to how bad the Colts are without Luck at QB. I again think that’s a mistake and with Donald ending his holdout and likely to play this week, they are only going to be that much better on that side of the ball in Week 2. Donald is an All-Pro type player that would take any defense to a different level with him on the field. He and the rest of the Rams defensive front should feast on the weak offensive line of the Redskins.
Something else to consider here is that McVay has a great understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of Washington’s team on both sides of the ball. Add in home field advantage and I just think this is too good a line to pass up on Los Angeles.
- Giants vs Redskins
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Game Free Pick: Chargers vs Cowboys
- Vikings vs Lions
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Week 12 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Favorites Dominate NFL Thanksgiving Day Games
- Free NFL Game Preview & ATS Pick: Patriots vs Raiders
- Vegas Game Preview: Bengals vs Broncos Game Preview & Pick
- Vegas Betting Preview & Game Odds: Jags vs Browns Free ATS Pick
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys
- Vegas Game Preview: Buccaneers vs Dolphins Game Preview & Pick
- Free NFL Game Preview & ATS Pick: Chiefs vs Giants
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Bills vs Chargers
- Bears vs Lions
- Seahawks vs Falcons
- NFL Game Odds & Vegas Betting Preview: Cardinals vs Texans
- Vegas NFL Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Redskins vs Saints
- NFL Game Odds & Free Betting Preview: Rams vs Vikings ATS Pick
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Game Odds: Ravens vs Packers Free Pick
- Free Week 11 NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions