This Sunday the Seattle Seahawks (9-6) will host the Arizona Cardinals (7-8) in a matchup of two NFC West rivals. Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST at CenturyLink Field and will be televised locally on FOX.
Oddsmakers currently have Seattle listed as a 9.5-point home favorite with the total set at 38.5 points. Click here to check out our full Week 17 betting schedule and for more links to our games previews.
Cardinals vs Seahawks Vegas Betting Odds & Game Preview
Arizona comes into this contest off an impressive 23-0 win at home over the Giants, easily covering as a 3-point favorite. It marked the first time in 25 years that the Cardinals shutout their opponent. While the defense shined, Arizona’s offense wasn’t very good. They turned it over two times, while managing just 289 yards and 19 first downs.
Seattle kept their playoff hopes alive with a 21-12 win at Dallas as a 5-point underdog. Like Arizona, the Seahawks defense paved the way to victory. Seattle’s offense managed just 136 total yards in the victory. As of right now the Seahawks are on the outside looking in when it comes to the playoffs. For them to sneak as a Wild Card, they would need to not only win this game, but have the Falcons lost at home to the Panthers.
These two teams played in Arizona on Thursday Night Football back in Week 10. The Seahawks won that contest 22-16. Seattle never trailed in the matchup and it’s worth noting it was a little more lopsided than the final score would indicate, as Arizona scored a touchdown with just 20 seconds left to play.
Free NFL Spread Pick & Betting Predictions: Cardinals +9.5
I would have to take the points with Arizona in this one. I just think we are seeing the Seahawks overvalued in this spot, as they are the only team with something to play. This line basically suggest that Arizona has no business being on the same field with Seattle and I’m just not buying it.
Click on the link for more free NFL picks from our expert handicappers on staff.
The Cardinals would love nothing more than to go into CenturyLink Field and eliminate the Seahawks from postseason play with a win. I expect an all-out effort here from Arizona and they have proven over recent years that they can overcome the big home field edge Seattle has. The Cardinals have won each of the last two times they visited the Seahawks and three of the last four overall at CenturyLInk Field. It’s also worth pointing out that the underdog is 4-0-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings in the series.
If you watched Seattle’s game last week against the Cowboys, you know that final score doesn’t do justice to how the Seahawks played in that game. Not only did they manage just 136 total yards, but they were outgained by 146 yards. That’s now two straight weeks where Seattle’s offense has been atrocious. In their 42-7 loss to the Rams in Week 15, they only managed 149 yards and were outgained by over 200 yards.
Now they go up against an Arizona defense that has quietly been playing very well down the stretch. The Cardinals are allowing under 250 total yards in their last 5 games and a big reason for that has been their ability to shutout the opposing team’s running game. Arizona has allowed just 139 yards on the ground in their last 3 games combined and have held 7 of their last 8 opponents to 91 or fewer rushing yards. Seattle has thrown for just 131 yards in their last two games combined and are going to have a hard time moving the ball here.
Arizona’s offense is nothing to write home about, but I think they can have some success here against a banged up Seahawks defense that is missing several key starters and has a number of other guys who are either questionable or playing through injuries.
Another factor here that I think favors the Cardinals is they know there’s a chance that head coach Bruce Arians could retire after this game. Whether or not he actually does, these players are going to play their hearts out in the chance that it could be his final game. With that said, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see Arizona win this game outright, but no way I’m passing up on getting over a touchdown. Give me the Cardinals +9.5!
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances