This Sunday the Dallas Cowboys (8-6) will host the Seattle Seahawks (8-6) in a key NFC matchup. The winner will keep their slim playoff hopes alive, while the loser will be eliminated from the mix. Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST at AT&T Stadium and will be televised locally on FOX.
Oddsmakers currently have the Cowboys listed as a 5-point home favorite with the total set at 47 points. Click here to check out our Week 16 NFL odds page for a full betting schedule and more links to our game previews.
Seahawks vs Cowboys Vegas Game Odds & Betting Preview
Seattle had a chance to overtake the Rams for 1st place in the NFC West this past Sunday, but instead were embarrassed 42-7 at home by Los Angeles. This came just one week after losing at Jacksonville 24-30. The Seahawks continue to be a bad team to back down the stretch, as they are just 2-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games.
Dallas was able to prevail 20-17 on the road over the Raiders as a 3-point favorite. It was a bit of a fortunate win, as Oakland’s Derek Carr fumbled what would have been the go-ahead TD out of the end zone for a touchback with just 31-seconds left in regulation. The Cowboys have now won 3 straight to finish up at 3-3 during the 6-game suspension of star running back Ezekiel Elliott, who will return this week.
It’s worth noting that a win here by either team might not be enough to get them into the postseason. Both teams are chasing the Falcons for the final Wild Card spot. While Atlanta, who is 9-5, is just one game up in the standings, the Falcons beat both the Cowboys and Seahawks during the regular season for the head-to-head tie-breaker.
NFL Betting Predictions & Free ATS Pick: Seahawks +5
I would have to lean towards taking the points here with Seattle. I think we are seeing a big overreaction here from the Seahawks ugly loss to the Rams and the fact that Dallas is getting back Elliott from suspension. Any time a team gets embarrassed the way Seattle did, they almost always come back with one of their best performances in their next game, especially when it’s a quality team like the Seahawks.
Click on the link for more free NFL predictions from our expert handicappers on staff.
The thing you have to keep in mind with the blowout loss to the Rams is that was an absolutely horrible matchup for Seattle. The Seahawks have one of the worst offensive lines in the league and were up against one of the best defensive lines in the league in Aaron Donald. At the same time, they were without one of their best linebackers in K.J. Wright and star linebacker Bobby Wagner basically played on one healthy leg as he took the field with a hamstring injury. Without those two at 100%, they had no chance of slowing down LA’s high-powered offensive attack, which in turn put the offense in horrible spot having to play catchup, which allowed the Rams to come after Wilson.
While Wagner wasn’t a factor in the game, he did avoid further injuring his hamstring and should have a much bigger impact this week. As for Wright, there’s a really good chance he returns after failing to pass the concussion protocol last week. With these two healthy this team was really good against the run. Note that both were injured in the game against Jacksonville in Week 14. Prior to that, from Week 9 to Week 13, Seattle held all 5 of their opponents under 100 yards rushing. Holding Dallas under that mark won’t be easy with Elliott back, but I think they can slow him down enough to keep this close and potentially win outright.
This is also a much better matchup for Russell Wilson and the Seahawks offense, as Dallas doesn’t have the talent like LA to manhandle Seattle’s offensive line. In fact, I think Wilson could torment this Cowboys defense with his ability to extend plays. The Seahawks should also be able to have some success on the ground, which will open up things even more for Wilson.
Seattle is 9-2 ATS under Pete Carroll when coming off 2 straight losses. They are also 13-4 ATS in their last 17 when coming off 2 straight games in which they scored 7 or less points at the half. As for Dallas, they are just 1-5 ATS in their last 6 vs a team with a winning record and a mere 1-6 ATS in their last 7 home games against a team with a winning road record. Give me the Seahawks +5.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time