This Sunday the Jacksonville Jaguars (8-4) host the Seattle Seahawks (8-4) in a non-conference matchup of two teams fighting for playoff position. Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST at EverBank Field and will be televised locally on FOX.
Oddsmakers currently have the Jaguars listed as a 2.5-point home favorite with the total set at 40 points. Check out our Week 14 NFL odds page for a full betting schedule and more links to our game previews.
Seahawks vs Jaguars Vegas Game Preview & Betting Odds
Seattle comes into this one off an impressive 24-10 home win over the Eagles as a 3.5-point home dog on Sunday Night Football. The Seahawks are now an impressive 7-2 over their last 9 games. The win over Philadelphia kept them right in the thick of things for the postseason. Seattle is just 1-game back of the Rams for the top spot in the NFC West and are tied with the Panthers for the two Wild Card spots.
Jacksonville enters off a 30-10 blowout win at home over the Colts as a 10-point favorite. It was a nice rebound for the Jaguars, who lost at Arizona the week before. Jacksonville has now won 5 of their last 6 and are currently tied on top the AFC South with the Titans. Even if the Jags don’t win their division they are still in good shape at the moment to get one of the two Wild Card spots in the AFC.
NFL Betting Predictions & Free ATS Pick: Seahawks +2.5
I’ll be the first to admit that this line feels like a trap, but my early lean here would have to be on the Seahawks in this one. I believe the books have simply missed the mark on this one. While the Jaguars are 5-1 in their last 6 and have an identical 8-4 record as the Seahawks, I don’t think they are anywhere close to being on the same level as Seattle.
Click here for more free NFL picks from our expert handicappers on staff.
One of the big reasons that Jacksonville is sitting at 8-4 is the schedule they have played. During their 5-1 stretch here they have two wins over the Colts, a win at home over the Bengals and a victory at Cleveland. The only decent win during this run is a 20-17 home win over the Chargers, who I’m also not convinced is as good as they are getting credit for.
As for Seattle, this is the time of the season where they always seem to play their best football. I know they have some big injuries, especially on defense, but there’s more than enough talent on this roster for them to keep playing well. Just look at what that defense did last week against the Eagles, holding Carson Wentz and that high-powered Philadelphia offense to just 10 points.
What also gets lost in all the injuries for Seattle is they still have a healthy Russell Wilson at quarterback. He’s playing at an elite level right now, as he continues to find ways to produce, despite the fact that the’s running for his life just about every time he drops back to pass. This Jaguars defense is no joke, but I’m confident that Wilson will find a way to move the chains and put points on the board.
I also think Jacksonville has some major injury concerns of their own. Starting left tackle Cam Robinson is questionable after missing the last game and his backup, Josh Wells is also questionable. Starting left guard Patrick Omaheh, star corner Jalen Ramsey and linebacker Telvin Smith are also all listed as questionable.
A huge key here for me is the matchup for Seattle’s defense. It’s no secret that the Jacksonville is a one-dimensional offense that relies heavily on their ability to run the football. That plays right into the strength of this Seahawks defense, which ranks 7th against the run, allowing just 98.3 ypg. That means for the Jags to move the ball, Blake Bortles is going to have to make plays and I just don’t see that happening.
I mentioned earlier how this is the time of year where the Seahawks play their best football. Backing this up is the fact that Seattle is a ridiculous 20-6-1 ATS in their last 27 games played in the month of December. This is also a team that owns a 31-19 ATS mark in 50 games under Pete Carroll when they are listed as an underdog. Give me the Seahawks +2.5.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances