One of the best games of Week 15 NFL action is a critical NFC West showdown that has the Seattle Seahawks (8-5) hosting the Los Angeles Rams (9-4). As of right now the Rams own a 1-game lead in the division, but with a win at LA already on the resume, Seattle would take control of the division with a win. Kickoff is set for 4:05 EST at CenturyLink Field and will be televised locally on FOX.
Odds for this one vary quite a bit depending on where you shop. Seattle is as low as a 1-point favorite at one book, while others have them either as a 1.5 or 2-point favorite. The total for this one is currently sitting at 48 points. Click here for a full Week 15 betting schedule and for more links to our game previews.
Rams vs Seahawks Vegas Game Odds & Betting Preview
Los Angeles comes in off a disappointing 35-43 home loss to the Eagles, where they went off as a 1-point dog. The Rams did a nice job of rallying from an early 7-21 deficit to take a 28-24 lead early in the 3rd quarter. After the Eagles retook the lead, LA looked to have take control of the game with a 35-31 lead early in the 4th. Note that at this time Carson Wentz for Philadelphia had been knocked out of the game. Thanks to a costly turnover the Eagles took a 37-35 lead on two field goals and made it look worse at the end with a 16-yard TD return on a fumble as time expired.
Seattle also was on the losing end last week, as the Seahawks lost 24-30 as a 2.5-point road dog to the Jaguars. Seattle erased an early 10-0 deficit and tied the game at 10-10. Only to watch Jacksonville take over and jump out to a 27-10 advantage with less than 10 minutes to play. Seahawks did a nice job fighting back to make a game of it, but it was too little too late.
I mentioned earlier that Seattle won the first meeting in LA. The Seahawks left with a 16-10 win, but it felt like the Rams were the better team. LA had 375 total yards to the Seahawks 241. The big difference in the game was the Rams committed 5 turnovers, none bigger than Gurley’s fumble out of the end zone for a touchback on their first drive of the game.
NFL Betting Predictions & Free ATS Pick: Rams +2
I would have to lean towards taking Los Angeles and the points in this one. As much respect as I have for Seattle and how well they play at home, especially this time of year, I think they are battling too many injuries right now. Prior to last week’s game at Jacksonville, they were already down three big time defensive players in Richard Sherman (CB), Kam Chancellor (S) and Cliff Avril (DE).
Click on the link for more free NFL picks from our top rated handicappers.
Against the Jags, Bobby Wagner (LB) had to leave with a hamstring injury and K.J. Wright (LB) was forced out with a concussion. I have a hard time seeing Wagner play and if he does he won’t be 100%. As for Wright, you never know if a player will be able to pass concussion protocol. Even if Wright plays, I believe losing Wagner would be detrimental to this defense.
As loud and as crazy as the home crowd will be, I don’t think it will be enough to help this defense slow down this high-powered Rams offensive attack. Keep in mind Seattle had their fair share of troubles against this Rams offense in the first meeting and at that point only Avril had been lost on defense.
The other big key here for me is I don’t like how the Seahawks offensive line matches up with this Rams talented defensive front. Seattle’s inability to keep LA’s defensive linemen out of their backfield is why they have struggled so much against this team. In the last 4 meetings against the Rams, the Seahawks are averaging just 15 ppg. Keep in mind Seattle went up against a similarly strong defensive front last week and Wilson had three interceptions and was sacked twice. Wilson only threw for 198 yards in the first meeting with LA.
Seahawks home field edge also hasn’t all that great against good teams, as they are a mere 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 home games against a team with a winning road record. Give me the Rams +2.
- Updated 2018 NFL Win Total Numbers, Projections & Past Results
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History