The Seattle Seahawks are set to host the Los Angeles Rams on Thursday Night Football in Week 15. Kickoff is set for 8:25 EST at CenturyLink Field and will be televised on NBC. Oddsmakers have Seattle listed as a 15-point favorite with the total set at 38 points.
Rams vs Seahawks Vegas Betting Preview
Los Angeles (4-9) comes in off an ugly 14-42 loss at home to the Falcons. Atlanta took a 42-0 lead before the Rams could get anything going offensively. It proved to be the final straw for head coach Jeff Fisher, who was fired on Monday. Special teams coordinator, John Fassel, will serve as the interim head coach going forward.
Seattle (8-4-1) wasn’t much better in Week 14. The Seahawks got embarrassed 38-10 at Green Bay. It was the largest deficit for Seattle with Russell Wilson as the starting quarterback. The previous biggest loss was by just 10-points. Wilson certainly played a part in the blowout, as he threw 5 interceptions.
These two teams faced off in Los Angeles back in Week 2. The Rams won that contest 9-3. It was their third straight win in the series, as they swept Seattle a year ago.
Free Pick & Spread Predictions: Rams +15
The perception here is that the Rams have thrown in the towel on their season. It’s not just the firing of Fisher, but their performance on the field. They have lost 3 straight, none more embarrassing than the 28-point loss last week to Atlanta.
While Seattle didn’t look any better on Sunday, the perception is much different. The public is going to look for the Seahawks to bounce back with a big performance at home, where they are 6-0. Especially with this being a prime time game.
I’m not saying Los Angeles is going pull off the upset, but the value is clearly with the Rams in this one. This team has proven over the last few seasons that they matchup well with Seattle. You don’t just beat a team 3 straight times by accident.
Click here for more free NFL betting advice from our expert handicappers.
On top of that, I think the firing of Fisher is going to light a fire under the players. Many of which feel responsible for the coach getting canned. While the media ridiculed LA for not firing Fisher sooner, he was loved by his players.
I know Jared Goff hasn’t lived up to being the No. 1 overall pick, but this Seattle defense is not the same after losing star safety Earl Thomas. I’m not saying he’s going to light it up, but he doesn’t figure to need to do a lot.
Seattle’s offense has had a horrible time getting anything going against this Rams defense. Going all the way back to the start of the 2012 season, the Seahawks have scored 20 or fewer points in 6 of 9 meetings. A big part of that is the talent LA has up front on their defensive line. They have a huge edge in the trenches against a very mediocre at best offensive line of Seattle.
It wouldn’t surprise me at all if we saw a very similar type of game to Week 2, when the two teams combined for just 12 points. Simply put, there’s just too much value to pass up on the Rams catching over two touchdowns in a division game.
We also have a strong system in play backing a fade of the Seahawks in this spot. Home favorites of 10.5 or more points off an upset loss as a road favorite are just 15-38 (28%) ATS against division opponents since 1983.
- How to Use Most Frequent NFL Scores to Bet Over/Under Lines
- Pro Football Betting Lines By the Numbers: Against the Spread Results
- Top Secrets & Betting Tips to Successfully Handicap Pro Football
- NFL Schedule: Projected Division Standings, Playoffs & Super Bowl
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Pro Football Teaser Payouts & Betting Odds: 6-pt, 6.5-pt, 7-pt & 10-Pt
- Handicapping NFL 2nd Half Lines & Tips on Middling Your Original Bet
- Betting NFL Totals Week to Week: Find out When to Bet the Over & Under
- Tips for Handicapping Pro Football Player Values Against the Spread
- Tips & Advice for Betting NFL Teams Before & After Their Bye Weeks
- NFL Week 1 by the Numbers: Handicapping Last Year’s Super Bowl Teams
- Free NFL Week 1 Betting Tips, System & Expert Strategies
- Betting NFL Win Totals by Looking at Last Year’s Turnover Differential
- Top 5 NFL ATS Records All-Time: Best Bets (Teams) Pro Football History
- Updated 2017 NFL Win Total Numbers, Projections & Past Results
- Week 1 NFL Football Betting Lines: Point Spreads & Totals
- What Players Were Invited to the NFL Draft in 2017
- List of the Greatest NFL Draft Sleepers of All-Time
- Predicting the 2017 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- NFL Scoring by Quarter: Highest & Average Per Game