The winless Chicago Bears will look for their first win of the season as they play host to the 2-0 Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 3. Kickoff is set for 1:00 EST on Sunday, September 24 at Soldier Field in Chicago. Fans can watch the game in local markets on CBS.
The Steelers are rather substantial 7.5-point favorites on the road. The over/under for the contest is 45.5 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 3 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Steelers vs Bears Vegas Preview & Game Predictions
Few are surprised to see the Steelers sitting at 2-0, as Pittsburgh has had a strong performance on both sides of the ball. After a closer-than-expected win against Cleveland in Week 1, the Steelers had a more convincing win in their home opener last week against the Vikings.
In what could be his final NFL season, Ben Roethlisberger is off to a fast start, even if he says the Pittsburgh offense isn’t yet playing as well as it can. Le’Veon Bell is still working his way back into form after missing most of the preseason. However, Martinis Bryant announced his return from a year-long suspension via a 1st quarter touchdown last week, adding another playmaker to an already strong contingent of Pittsburgh skill players.
Meanwhile, few are surprised to see the Bears at 0-2 early in the season. To be fair, Chicago nearly stole a win from Atlanta in Week 1. But the Bears were most disappointing against Tampa Bay last week, turning the ball over four times and not scoring until the final two minutes of the game. They can only hope that coming home will help keep them competitive, as it did during Week 1.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Steelers 7.5
First, I want to acknowledge that this is a huge spread for any NFL team playing on the road. That being said, I’m still going to lean toward the Steelers to win this game comfortably and cover the spread.
After two games, the Bears are already ranked 28th in the NFL in total defense. If they struggled to slow down both the Falcons and Bucs, they’re definitely going to struggle against the Steelers, even at home. Even if Bell isn’t yet up to speed, the Steelers have too many playmakers for the Bears to keep covered for four quarters.
If Bell doesn’t beat you, Antonio Brown will. If you focus on Brown, Bryant can make big plays in the passing game. If Bryant has an off week, Eli Rogers or JuJu Smith-Schuster is capable of stepping up. It’s simply too much for the Bears to handle. The Steelers have also turned the ball over just once in two games, so they’re not going to hurt themselves with careless mistakes.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
I also don’t have much faith in Chicago’s offense to keep pace with the Steelers. The Bears couldn’t get anything going on the ground last week against the Bucs, which is a concern heading into this game. Jordan Howard gained seven yards on nine carries last week. He’s also been limited during practice this week with a shoulder injury.
If Howard can’t play or is limited by the injury, it’d be a devastating loss for the Bears. Rookie Tarik Cohen is a nice change-of-pace back, but he can’t handle 15 to 20 carries in one game. If Chicago’s running game is limited, there’ll be way too much pressure on Mike Glennon, which is bad news for the Bears.
Admittedly, this is a large spread for the Steelers to cover. But I have little faith in the Bears to get the better of the Steelers on either side of the ball. Pittsburgh is by far the better team, and the Steelers will prove that, winning comfortably and covering the spread without much of a problem.
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Game Odds: Titans vs 49ers Free Pick
- Bears vs Lions
- Chiefs vs Chargers
- Week 15 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Free NFL Game Preview & ATS Pick: Colts vs Bills
- Vegas Betting Odds & Game Preview: Lions vs Bucs Free Pick
- NFL Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Dolphins vs Patriots
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Game Odds: Jets vs Broncos Free Pick
- Free NFL Betting Preview & Pick Against the Spread: Seahawks vs Jags
- Last Man Standing NFL Survivor or Suicide Pool Picks for Week 14
- Free Week 14 NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- NFL Betting Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Eagles vs Rams
- Vegas Betting Preview: Redskins vs Chargers Game Odds & Predictions
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Titans vs Cardinals Betting Odds & Free Pick
- Ravens vs Steelers
- Vegas Odds Preview: Bears vs Bengals Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Betting Odds & Game Preview: Giants vs Cowboys Free Pick
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: 49ers vs Texans
- Vikings vs Panthers
- Chiefs vs Raiders