The Cincinnati Bengals host the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday Night Football this week in a key AFC North clash. Kickoff is at 8:30 PM EST on Monday, December 4th from Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. Fans can watch the game on ESPN.
Oddsmakers list the Steelers as 6-point road favorites. That line has shifted slightly after early betting, as Pittsburgh originally opened at -6.5. The over/under for the game is set at 43.5 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 13 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Steelers vs Bengals Game Betting Preview & Vegas Odds
The Steelers won their sixth game in a row last weekend after a 31-28 comeback victory against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday Night Football. QB Ben Roethlisberger threw for over 350 yards while also adding four touchdowns. However, the Pittsburgh defense was uncharacteristically exposed by long touchdowns of 39, 54, and 55 yards. The Steelers managed to escape with the win after kicker Chris Boswell nailed a 53 yard field goal as time expired. Pittsburgh is among the league’s best passing offenses, averaging 262.9 yards through the air per game (5th). They are also averaging a fairly impressive 23.3 points per game (13th). The Steelers have looked even better on the other side of the ball, limiting opponents to an average of just 17.5 points per game (4th).
Cincinnati pulled within a game of getting back to .500 on the season after a 30-16 home victory over the hapless Cleveland Browns last Sunday. The Bengals started to pull away in the 2nd quarter and kept building on their ten point halftime lead in the second half. QB Andy Dalton threw two touchdowns on the afternoon while also managing to pass for 200+ yards. However, the Cincinnati offense has really struggled this year, averaging 198.6 passing yards per game (28th overall). They are also averaging just 18.1 points per game, which is 25th overall. On the other side of the ball, the Bengals play on defense has been a definite bright spot – they are holding opponents to an average of 19.5 points per game (10th overall).
Free NFL Pick Against the Spread: Steelers -6
I grew up a Cincinnati Bengals fan, so it always pains me to recommend taking the Steelers whenever these two teams meet. However, Pittsburgh has really been on a roll lately while Cincinnati seems to only excel in games against the bottom 25% of the league. Winning consecutive games over Denver and Cleveland certainly doesn’t necessarily translate to similar success against a 9-2 Steelers team. Pittsburgh can inch closer to clinching another division title with a convincing victory on Monday night. Ultimately, I think they will likely keep firing on all cylinders against a longtime AFC North rival in a prime time match-up.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Pittsburgh is 8-4 ATS in their last twelve road games and 4-2 ATS over their past six games overall. The Bengals are just 4-9-1 ATS over their past fourteen games against opponents with a winning record. However, the two trends that I think are the most interesting in this particular spot are as follows : The Steelers are 11-2-1 ATS in their last fourteen games on the road against Cincinnati. They are also 4-0-1 ATS in their last five games against the Bengals overall. That doesn’t exact bode well for Cincinnati this week, especially since Pittsburgh hasn’t lost a games since early October.
The Steelers beat the Bengals 29-14 when these two teams met in Pittsburgh back in Week 7. While I don’t expect Pittsburgh to win by 2+ touchdowns again, I think the most likely scenario is another convincing 7-10 point victory. I fully expect the Steelers to hand Cincinnati yet another disappointing loss en route to their tenth victory of the season.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances