The Los Angeles Rams will hope to continue their winning streak when they host the Houston Texans in Week 10. Game time is set for 4:05 EST on Sunday, November 12 at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Fans in local markets can see the game on CBS.
Oddsmakers list the Rams as 11.5-point favorites at home. The over/under is set at 46.5 points. Click here to check out a full list of the Week 10 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Texans vs Rams Game Betting Preview & Vegas Odds
Over the course of a three-game winning streak, the Rams have emerged as one of the NFL’s elite teams. Those wins have come against the Jaguars, Cardinals, and Giants, so the competition level could be higher. But Los Angeles has been utterly dominant during that stretch, particularly the last two weeks.
Despite the recent success, the Rams are just one game ahead of the Seahawks in the loss column at the top of the NFC West. Those two teams figure to fight it out the rest of the season for the division title, so the Rams can’t afford to slip up, especially at home.
The Texans, meanwhile, are reeling after losing rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson to injury. In their first game without Watson, Houston lost to the Colts, scoring only 14 points against one of the worst defensive teams in the NFL.
Tom Savage should be given a little bit of time to work his way back into the starting role. But with the Texans sitting at 3-5, they don’t have a lot of time to get things moving in the right direction, even in a weak AFC South division.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Rams -11.5
Even with a sizable spread to cover, I’m going to lean toward the Rams. Los Angeles has proven that they can both score points and play solid defense. Meanwhile, I’m not sure the Texans are able to do either without Watson. The Rams have blown out bad teams the past two weeks, and I don’t see why they can’t keep it up against Houston.
Even if Savage benefits from a full week of practice, it doesn’t guarantee he’ll be much better than he was against the Colts last week. While facing one of the worst defenses in football last week, Savage was 19 for 44. He has a nice contingent of receivers around him, but the Texans still couldn’t create explosive plays. That task will become all the more difficult this week against the Los Angeles defense.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
To be fair, the Rams had some defensive issues early in the season. But they seem to have cleared those up. Over their last four games, the Rams are only giving up 12.5 points per game. That includes a shutout of the Cardinals. With Savage under center, I can’t see the Texans scoring many points with the way the Rams have played defensively over the last month.
At the same time, the Rams are leading the NFL in scoring with 33 points per game. Not only is Todd Gurley running the ball effectively, but he’s also become a dangerous threat catching the ball. With Gurley serving as a safety net, Jared Goff has taken a huge step forward in his second NFL season. The result is an offense that appears too powerful for the Texans to handle.
As always, it’s tough to swallow this many points in an NFL game. But with the Rams rolling offensively and the Texans without an identity following the loss of Watson, it’s tough to envision Houston keeping this game close, especially on the road. Just as they have the last two weeks, I see the Rams winning going away and comfortably covering the spread.
- Giants vs Redskins
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Game Free Pick: Chargers vs Cowboys
- Vikings vs Lions
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Week 12 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Favorites Dominate NFL Thanksgiving Day Games
- Free NFL Game Preview & ATS Pick: Patriots vs Raiders
- Vegas Game Preview: Bengals vs Broncos Game Preview & Pick
- Vegas Betting Preview & Game Odds: Jags vs Browns Free ATS Pick
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys
- Vegas Game Preview: Buccaneers vs Dolphins Game Preview & Pick
- Free NFL Game Preview & ATS Pick: Chiefs vs Giants
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Bills vs Chargers
- Bears vs Lions
- Seahawks vs Falcons
- NFL Game Odds & Vegas Betting Preview: Cardinals vs Texans
- Vegas NFL Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Redskins vs Saints
- NFL Game Odds & Free Betting Preview: Rams vs Vikings ATS Pick
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Game Odds: Ravens vs Packers Free Pick
- Free Week 11 NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions