This Sunday the San Francisco 49ers (3-10) will host the Tennessee Titans (8-5). Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST at Levi’s Stadium and will be televised locally on CBS.
Oddsmakers currently have San Francisco listed as a 2-point home favorite with the total set at 44 points. Check out our Week 15 NFL odds page for a full betting schedule and for more links to our game previews.
Titans vs 49ers Vegas Game Preview & Betting Odds
Tennessee comes in off an ugly 7-12 loss at Arizona as a 3-point road favorite. The Titans took a 7-0 lead into the half, but were shutout in the final two periods, while the Cardinals kicked 4-field goals to secure the win. The good news for Tennessee is they are still 6-2 over their last 8 games and still in a good position to make the playoffs whether it’s by winning their division or getting a Wild Card spot.
San Francisco is completely out of the playoff picture in the NFC, but certainly aren’t playing like it. The 49ers enter off a 26-16 win at Houston as a 1-point dog. San Francisco has now won 3 of their last 4, after starting the season 0-9.
NFL Betting Predictions & Free ATS Pick: 49ers -2
I was on the 49ers in their win last week against the Texans and will back them again here. Usually when a team is sitting at 3-10 this late in the season, you have big time concerns with them even being motivated to play. That’s not the case with San Francisco, as this team is playing with a whole new sense of confidence under quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo.
I think 49ers fullback Kyle Juszcyk says it best, “It gets everyone excited. I mean, it feels like a whole new season here. It feels like we started last week. Especially, getting a win, we wish we had more games left. We wish we had a full season to do this thing with him.”
Click here for more free NFL predictions from our experts on staff.
Not only has it brought life to the team, but the fan base couldn’t be more excited about the future. I expect a lot of the 49ers faithful to show up for this game and give San Francisco a big home field edge here.
At the same time, I’m not the high on this Tennessee team. The Titans haven’t been playing anywhere close to as well as their 6-2 record over their last 8 games would suggest. In fact, they were lucky to win a number of those contests, as 4 of the 6 wins came by 4-points or less with the two blowout wins coming at home against the Colts and Texans.
Offensively the Titans seem to be lost and a big reason for that is the poor play of quarterback Marcus Mariota. In his last 4 games he’s thrown just three touchdowns with 8 interceptions. In his last 3 games he’s thrown for a mere 184 yards against the Colts, 150 yards against the Texans and 159 yards against the Cardinals.
San Francisco’s overall defensive numbers aren’t great, but in their last 3 games they are allowing just 18 ppg and a mere 258.7 ypg. The defense has been especially good against the run, giving up just 80.7 ypg and 3.4 yards/carry. It’s not like the Titans are running the ball all that effectively either, as they have had rushed for fewer than 95 yards in 3 of their last 4 games.
It’s also worth noting that Tennessee is a team that has not played well on the road this time of year. They are just 7-20 ATS in their last 27 road games. They are also a mere 3-13-1 ATS in their last 17 road games against a team with a losing home record. San Francisco on the other hand is an impressive 14-4 ATS in their last 18 home games off an upset win as a road dog. Give me the 49ers -2.
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time