The Tennessee Titans will look to stay on top of the AFC South when they visit the Arizona Cardinals in Week 14. Game time is at 4:05 EST on Sunday, December 10 at U of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. Fans in local markets can watch the game on CBS.
Oddsmakers list the Titans as 3-point road favorites with an over/under of 44 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 14 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Titans vs Cardinals Vegas Betting Line & Game Preview
Tennessee enters Week 14 as one of the hottest teams in the NFL. The Titans have won two in a row and six of their last seven games to bring them to 8-4 on the season. They are currently tied with the Jaguars for the top spot in the AFC South. Barring a late-season collapse, there’s a good chance both teams will make the playoffs. But the Titans know there’s a big difference between winning the division and settling for a wild-card spot.
As for the Cardinals, their season is all but over. Arizona has been unable to overcome injuries this season to David Johnson, Carson Palmer, and others, which isn’t that surprising. Losses in three of their last four games have dropped the Cardinals to 5-7 on the season. At this point, even winning all four of their remaining games wouldn’t be enough to get the Cardinals into the playoffs.
Free NFL Betting Prediction: Arizona +3
The Cardinals aren’t a particularly good team, but I can see them embracing the role of spoiler late in the season. They’ve also played well at home this season, even knocking off the Jaguars a couple weeks ago. I’m still not sold on the Titans being the type of team that can win a division title, so I’ll lean toward Arizona and the points in this matchup.
The Cardinals are 3-3 at home this season. They also played a competitive game against the Seahawks at home, so they’re much better when hosting teams in the desert. I’m also unimpressed by how the Titans have played on the road this year. To be fair, they have three road wins. But two of them came against the Colts and Browns, and both were by less than a touchdown. Based on that, I have a hard time believing the Titans will win this game comfortably, if at all.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
Tennessee quarterback Marcus Mariota has been a lot more game manager than dynamic playmaker this season. He still has more interceptions than touchdowns on the season, which is a huge concern when playing on the road.
These days, the Titans are far more reliant on their running game to carry their offense. The duo of Derrick Henry and DeMarco Murray has been effective for much of the season. However, the Cardinals have faced powerful running teams in the Jaguars and Rams the past two weeks, and they’ve held up well against them.
I don’t expect the Tennessee rushing attack to be able to dominate the Arizona defense this week. That will put more pressure on Mariota to lead the Titans into the end zone with his arm, and I’m not sure that’s a winning formula for Tennessee.
Of course, the Cardinals have questions offensively as well. Blaine Gabbert continues to be the starting quarterback, and he’s been mediocre over the last three games, not to mention turnover prone. However, the running game has been a little better and Gabbert has had his moments. The Titans are also a little banged up on defense, so they could be vulnerable on that side of the ball.
Considering some of Tennessee’s unimpressive performances on the road this season, I just can’t buy them as road favorites. The Cardinals don’t look that good on paper, but they’re a decent team at home. I like Arizona’s chances to pull off a surprising win at home this week.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances