This Sunday the Tennessee Titans (8-7) will host the Jacksonville Jaguars (10-5). Kickoff is set for 4:25 EST at Nissan Stadium and will be televised locally on CBS.
Oddsmakers currently have the Titans listed as a 6-point home favorite with the total set at 41 points. Check out our Week 17 odds page for a full betting schedule and for more links to our games previews.
Jaguars vs Titans Vegas Game Odds & Betting Preview
Jacksonville comes into this one off a 33-44 loss at San Francisco as a 4.5-point favorite. The defeat snapped the Jaguars 3-game losing streak, but thanks to Titans loss at home the Rams, Jacksonville clinched the AFC South title and are now locked into the No. 3 seed in the AFC.
Tennessee fell 23-27 at home to Los Angeles as a 7-point underdog in Week 16. It was a gut-wrenching loss for the Titans, who weren’t able to hold on to a 23-20 lead in the 4th quarter. While the loss eliminated Tennessee from winning the division, they can still make it as a Wild Card in the AFC with a win or if both the Bills and Chargers were to lose.
These two teams played way back in Week 2, which saw the Titans go into Jacksonville and prevail 37-16. Tennessee had a mere 6-3 lead at the half, but would score 24 unanswered to take a commanding 30-3 lead with less than 10 minutes to play in the 4th quarter.
NFL Betting Predictions & Free ATS Pick: Titans -6
I would have to lean towards laying the points here with Tennessee at home in this one. While there’s been no official word just yet on whether or not Jacksonville will rest their starters, I think this line certainly suggests that the oddsmakers aren’t expecting them to.
Click here for more free NFL picks from our experts on staff.
I could maybe see the Jags having their starters play like the 1st half, but there’s just no reason to risk injury before their playoff game next week. Any one who is the least bit banged up, will likely get this game off.
With all that said, even if Jacksonville decides to play their starters the entire game, I still like the Titans’ chances of winning here by at least a touchdown. That’s because it’s going to be near impossible to the Jaguars players to match the intensity of this Tennessee team, who are going to treat this like a playoff game.
I believe the only reason this line isn’t higher, is because Tennessee comes in having lost 3 straight. The thing is, two of those were on the road and the other was against one of the best teams in the NFL in the Rams at home. They gave Los Angeles all they could handle and it shouldn’t have been a big surprise given how well this team has played at home, where they are 5-2 on the year.
You also can’t overlook just how bad Jacksonville played last week against the 49ers. Blake Bortles returned to his old form and threw 3 interceptions, but the more troubling thing was the Jags inability to run the ball, totaling just 92 yards on 28 attempts (3.3 yards/carry). I just don’t see them rebounding well in this spot. Give me the Titans -6!
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags
- Vegas Betting Preview: Falcons vs Rams Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Titans vs Chiefs Betting Odds & Game Pick
- Handicapping Repeat Divisional Matchups in the NFL Playoffs
- Cardinals vs Seahawks
- Vegas Betting Preview: Chargers vs Raiders Game Odds & Free Pick
- Giants vs Redskins
- Texans vs Colts
- NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Lions vs Packers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys