The UCLA Bruins head to Arizona to take on the Wildcats this weekend in a Pac-12 showdown. Kickoff will be at 9:00 PM EST on Saturday, October 14 at Arizona Stadium in Tucson, Arizona. Fans can watch the game on the PAC12 Network.
Arizona enters this game as small 1.5 point home favorites. That line has changed just slightly after early betting, as the Wildcats opened at -2 at the start of the week. The over/under for the game is 76 points. Click here for a full list of Week 7 betting odds and links to game previews.
UCLA vs Arizona Vegas Betting Line & Game Preview
The Bruins currently sit with respectable 3-2 record on the season after sneaking by Colorado a few weeks ago to end a two game losing streak. QB Josh Rosen has looked fantastic leading this UCLA offense, as he has already surpassed 2,000 yards passing through five games. He has also thrown 17 touchdowns and is arguably the biggest reason why the Bruins are currently ranked #1 in the entire nation in total passing offense. As a whole, UCLA is currently averaging a whopping 435.8 yards per game, which is over 35 yards per game higher than the #2 ranked offense (Oklahoma State, 399.2 yards). WR Darren Andrews leads the way for the talented Bruins receving corps with 40 receptions for a total of 553 yards and seven touchdowns. As good as this UCLA offense has been, their defensive play has been atrocious. They are currently ranked #118 overall after allowing their opponents to score an average of 39.2 points per game while giving up 24 touchdowns in just five games. They are likely in for another long night on Saturday in Arizona, as the Wildcats are currently averaging 42.0 points per game (#15 overall in scoring offense).
As mentioned previously, Arizona has a highly skilled offense as well. However, unlike UCLA and their pass-heavy schemes, the Wildcats prefer to attack on the ground. They are currently averaging 319.4 rushing yards per game (#4 overall). Arizona managed to squeak past the Colorado Buffaloes 45-42 last weekend to improve to 3-2 on the year. QB Khalil Tate set a record in that game as he amassed 327 yards on the ground and four touchdowns. On the other side of the ball, the Wildcats have been average this year at best. They are currently a middle of the road team defending against the run, limiting opponents to a respectable 154.4 yard per game average. However, they have been repeatedly abused through the air – opponents have averaged over 256.6 passing yards per game.
Free NCAAF Betting Prediction: Arizona -1.5
This game features two high-powered offenses and should be a ton of fun to watch. Both UCLA and Arizona are averaging over 40 points per game and I expect that trend to continue on Saturday. The Bruins clearly have one of the worst defensive units in the country and Arizona has really struggled against the pass. This match-up should be especially interesting, since it appears that UCLA (pass heavy) gets to go up against a defense that is easily exposed through the air while the Wildcats strong ground attack gets to face a Bruins defense ranked almost dead last against the run. In other words, there should be offensive fireworks all night long – I definitely think there is value in taking the over in this game as well.
I’m giving the slight edge to Arizona in this particular spot for a number of reasons. Firstly, the Bruins have yet to win a road game and the Wildcats have looked strong at home all season. UCLA is also 1-6 ATS in their last seven games and 2-8 ATS in their past 10 road games. Conversely, Arizona is 4-2 ATS in their past six games while also going 5-2 ATS in their past seven home games against UCLA. The spread is so small that I don’t mind laying the point and a half in a game that I expect Arizona to win at home.
Click on the link for more free NCAA football picks against the spread and total.
This really has all the makings of a classic back and forth affair that remains undecided until the last few minutes of the fourth quarter. I just have a little bit more faith in the #87 overall Arizona defense (411.0 yards to opponents/game) than I do in the #124 ranked UCLA defense (506.6 total yards to opponents/game). Those extra 100 yards should be the difference on Saturday night as the Wildcats eke out an important victory in this Pac-12 clash.
- Jimmy Boyd’s Daily Free Pick Newsletter
- Vegas Game Preview: Wyoming vs Boise State Betting Odds & Free Pick
- NCAA Football Game Preview & Free Pick: Utah State vs UNLV
- Vegas Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Panthers vs Bears
- Vegas Game Preview: Tulsa vs Connecticut
- SMU vs Cincinnati: Point Spread and Betting Line
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Odds: South Florida vs Tulane
- Vegas Betting Predictions: Temple vs Army
- NCAA Football Game Preview & Pick: Kansas vs TCU
- Free College Football Betting Preview: Illinois vs Minnesota
- College Football Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick : Indiana vs Michigan State
- Vegas Betting Odds & Game Preview: USC vs Notre Dame Free Pick
- Vegas Game Odds & Betting Preview: Arizona St vs Utah Free Pick
- Vegas Game Odds & Betting Preview: Mississippi State vs Kentucky
- North Carolina vs Virginia Tech Vegas Point Spread and Pick
- Vegas Betting Preview & Game Odds: Syracuse vs Miami Free Pick
- College Football Betting Free Pick & Vegas Preview: ISU vs Texas Tech
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Akron vs Toledo
- Pitt vs Duke: Vegas Betting Odds and Preview
- College Football Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Arizona vs Cal