This Sunday the Denver Broncos (3-9) will host the New York Jets (5-7). Kickoff is set for 4:05 EST at Sports Authority Field and will be televised locally on CBS.
Oddsmakers currently have New York listed as a 1-point road favorite with the total set at 41.5 points. Click here to check out our Week 14 NFL odds page for a full betting schedule and more links to our game previews.
Jets vs Broncos Vegas Game Odds & Betting Preview
New York comes into this one off an impressive 38-31 win at home over the Chiefs as a 3-point underdog. The Jets trailed 0-14 less than 5 minutes into the game, but didn’t blink an eye. New York tied it up at 14-14 by the end of the 1st quarter and took a 21-17 lead into the half. The Chiefs would rally to take a 31-30 lead with just under 10 minutes to play in the 4th, but the Jets answered with a game-winning touchdown drive in the final minutes of regulation.
Denver enters off an embarrassing 9-35 loss on the road to the Dolphins as a 1.5 point favorite. The turning point in that game came early in the 2nd quarter. Miami scored a TD to take a 9-3 lead and on the very first play of their next drive, Trevor Siemian threw a pick that was returned 30-yards for a score. The Dolphins never looked back and ended up winning going away. That’s now 9 straight losses for the Broncos after their 3-1 start to the season.
Free NFL Pick Against the Spread & Predictions: Broncos +1
My early lean here would be to take Denver as a short home dog against the Jets. I know the Broncos have lost 9 straight and fresh off a blowout loss at Miami, but I just don’t trust New York on the road. The Jets are just 1-4 SU away from home this season and the lone win was at Cleveland by a mere 3-points. A game they had no business winning, as the Browns outgained them by more than 200 yards.
Click on the link for more free NFL picks from our top rated handicappers on staff.
I also think the perception here is that the Broncos have thrown in the towel on this season. It certainly looks that way after their ugly showing against the Dolphins, but I think there’s still some fight left in this team. No professional team likes to get embarrassed and more times than not a team will come back off a bad loss with a big time effort. I think we get that here from Denver on their home field.
Denver’s lackluster offense has been a big reason for their struggles this season, as there’s still a ton of talent on the defensive side of the ball. I think this is a game where the Broncos can get something going on the offensive side of the ball. Kansas City’s offense couldn’t have looked much worse going into last week’s game against the Jets and they exploded for 31 points and nearly 500 yards of offense, with Alex Smith throwing for 366 yards and 4 scores. I look for Trevor Siemian to bounce back from a poor game against the Dolphins with one of his better performances and if the offense can get going, the defense should be able to feed off that.
Keep in mind this is still an elite Denver defense, that comes in ranked 5th in the NFL against the run (92 ypg) and 4th against the pass (207 ypg). Kansas City’s struggling defense made the Jets offense look like an offensive juggernaut last week. That simply isn’t going to be the case this week.
Against the Chiefs, New York had just under 43 minutes in time of possession with 30 first downs. That’s not something they have been able to replicate and the Jets are just 9-22 ATS in their last 31 after a game where they had more than 34 minutes in time of possession and 24 or more first downs. New York is also just 3-12 ATS in their last 15 road games after giving up 25 or more points in 2 straight games. Give me the Broncos +1.
- Updated 2018 NFL Win Total Numbers, Projections & Past Results
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Week 1 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Predicting the 2018 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History