The Minnesota Vikings will host the Green Bay Packers on Sunday Night Football in Week 2. This NFC North rivalry will kickoff at 8:30 EST U.S. Bank Stadium and will be televised on NBC. Oddsmakers have Green Bay as a 2-point road favorite and the total set at 43.5 points.
Packers vs Vikings Vegas Game Preview
Green Bay was able to hold on for a 27-23 win at Jacksonville in Week 1. The Packers were in a dog fight the entire way and had to hold off the Jags in the final seconds.
Two defensive touchdowns sparked a 25-16 win for the Vikings at Tennessee. Minnesota fell behind 10-0 and trailed 10-6 before the first of two scores by the defense. After that the Titans imploded and the Vikings pulled away.
These two teams split their season series last year. Minnesota won 20-13 at Green Bay and the Packers beat the Vikings 30-13 on the road.
Free Betting Pick & Predictions: UNDER 43.5
I don’t see a ton of value either way on the spread. I do think we are catching a good number on the total at 43.5. The fact that the Packers put up 27 points and Minnesota hung 25 will draw attention to the over. On top of that, the public loves to bet the over in these prime time games. I think oddsmakers are well aware of this and have inflated this number.
Click here for more free NFL betting advice from expert handicappers.
While Green Bay put up a big number, the offense was far from impressive. The Packers only had 294 yards of total offense. They struggled to get the run game going and Rodgers only had 199 yards passing. I just don’t think this unit is in sync like it was a couple of years ago.
It’s not going to be easy getting on track against this Minnesota defense. Mike Zimmer has turned the Vikings into one of the top defenses in the league in no time. Minnesota completely shutdown what most thought was going to be great Titans running game. I think Rodgers and company will struggle to get going, especially with this being on the road. Keep in mind this is the first regular season home game for the Vikings at their new stadium.
If you watched the Vikings game at all last week, you know the offense was a mess. Enough that they are already making the switch to Sam Bradford. While I like Bradford and how he fits with this team, I don’t expect him to play well. He’s not had enough time to learn the playbook and Minnesota will have to keep it simple. They are going to lean on the run game and hope their defense can make enough stops.
I look for a lot of punts in this game and when one of these teams does score, the defense is going to make them work. Touchdowns should be hard to come by for both teams.
Division games are typically lower-scoring. That’s certainly been the case for both of these teams. The Under is 4-1 in Green Bay’s last 5 against the NFC North and 9-2 in Minnesota’s last 11. Under is also 10-1 in the Vikings last 11 games against a team with a winning record.
- Week 1 NFL Football Betting Lines: Point Spreads & Totals
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- What Players Were Invited to the NFL Draft in 2017
- List of the Greatest NFL Draft Sleepers of All-Time
- Predicting the 2017 NFL Draft: Mock 1st Round Selections
- NFL Scoring by Quarter: Highest & Average Per Game
- Packers vs Lions
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 51
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Patriots vs Falcons
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Fun Facts
- Betting Super Bowl LI: Odds to Win the MVP Award