Old foes renew their rivalry in Week 6 as the Green Bay Packers visit the Minnesota Vikings. Game time is 1:00 EST on Sunday, October 15 at U.S Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The game will be available on Fox in local markets.
The Packers are listed as 3.5-point favorites on the road. The over/under for this NFC North clash is 47 points. Click here for a full list of the Week 6 betting odds and links to more game previews.
Packers vs Vikings Vegas Game Preview
Last week was vintage Aaron Rodgers, as he led the Packers down the field in the closing seconds on a game-winning touchdown drive against the Cowboys. The win brought the Packers to 4-1 on the season and left little doubt that Green Bay is among the favorites in the NFC this season.
Meanwhile, things are a little more complicated in Minnesota. After sitting out three weeks, Sam Bradford returned to the field last Monday night, but couldn’t play after halftime because of continued knee problems. It’s still unclear whether it’ll be Bradford or Case Keenum starting against the Packers. The Vikings are also still learning to play without rookie running back Dalvin Cook, who is out for the season. Nevertheless, Minnesota sits at 3-2 heading into their home date with the Packers.
The Vikings were able to hold serve at home against the Packers last season. However, since the start of the decade, the Packers have won 11 of the 14 head-to-head meetings between these two teams, including a tie back in 2013.
Free Betting Pick & Predictions: Green Bay -3.5
After watching what Rodgers did to the Cowboys last week in crunch time, it may not matter who starts at quarterback for Minnesota this week. Rodgers and the Packers have found their groove the last couple of weeks. Even on the road, I expect a comfortable win against a Vikings team that is on a short week and didn’t look all that convincing against the Bears on Monday.
Over the last three weeks, the Packers are averaging 32 points per game. It now looks like Green Bay’s offensive line is going to be fully healthy heading into Sunday’s game in Minnesota. That’s a big deal for the Packers, especially with running back Ty Montgomery also set to return after being inactive in Dallas last week.
Click on the link for more free NFL betting predictions from our experts on staff.
To be fair, the Vikings have a top-10 defense. There’s only one game this season in which Minnesota has allowed a team to score more than 20 points, and that team was the Pittsburgh Steelers. But with all the pieces around Rodgers coming back healthy this week, I expect a top-notch performance from Green Bay’s offense, one that should result in at least a few touchdowns and definitely more than 20 points.
That leaves it up to the Minnesota offense to keep pace. Bradford looked far from full strength on Monday, and we all know the ways that Keenum is limited as a passer. Also, outside of one 58-yard run from Jerick McKinnon, the Vikings struggled to run the ball effectively without Cook against a Chicago defense that’s average at best. All of those factors put together doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence in Minnesota’s offense.
Barring an unusually poor performance from Rodgers, this is Green Bay’s game to lose. If the Packers can carry over what they did in the 4th quarter against Dallas last week, they should have no problem covering a 3.5-point spread against the Vikings.
- Vegas Betting Preview & Game Odds: Jags vs Browns Free ATS Pick
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys
- Vegas Game Preview: Buccaneers vs Dolphins Game Preview & Pick
- Free NFL Game Preview & ATS Pick: Chiefs vs Giants
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Bills vs Chargers
- Bears vs Lions
- Seahawks vs Falcons
- NFL Game Odds & Vegas Betting Preview: Cardinals vs Texans
- Vegas NFL Game Preview & Free ATS Pick: Redskins vs Saints
- NFL Game Odds & Free Betting Preview: Rams vs Vikings ATS Pick
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Game Odds: Ravens vs Packers Free Pick
- Free Week 11 NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Vegas NFL Game Preview & Betting Free Pick: Titans vs Steelers
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Week 11 NFL Betting Lines: Vegas Point Spreads & Game Totals
- Vegas NFL Betting Predictions: Dolphins vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview & Pick : Patriots vs Broncos
- NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Jets vs Bucs
- Vegas Betting Predictions: Bengals vs Titans
- Vegas NFL Game Preview & Pick: Giants vs 49ers