This Sunday the Washington Redskins (4-4) will host Minnesota Vikings (6-2) in a key NFC matchup. Kickoff is set for 1:00 EST at FedEx Field and will be televised locally on FOX.
Oddsmakers currently have Minnesota listed as a slim 1-point road favorite with the total set at 42 points. Click here for our full Week 10 NFL betting odds schedule and for more links to our game previews.
Vikings vs Redskins Vegas Betting Preview & Game Odds
Minnesota will be returning from their bye. Last time we saw the Vikings they knocked off the Browns 33-16 as an 11-point favorite on a neutral field in London. It wasn’t as easy as the final score would indicate, as Minnesota actually trailed Cleveland 15-16 with less than 2 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter. Either way that’s 3 straight covers for the Vikings who are now 5-3 ATS on the season.
The Redskins come into this one off a thrilling 17-14 win on the road over the Seahawks as a 8-point underdog. While the cover was never really in doubt, it looked as though Washington was going to blow the game in the 4th quarter. The Redskins gave up a TD with 1:34 play to fall behind 10-14, but the offense quickly responded with a 4-play 70-yard TD drive of their own for the game-winning score. Washington had failed to cover each of their previous 4 games and are just 3-5 ATS on the year.
NFL Betting Predictions & Free Pick Against the Spread: Vikings -1
I actually see some decent value here with Minnesota at basically a pick’em on the road against the Redskins. The Vikings have one of the best records in the NFL at 6-2 and have accomplished this mark with backup quarterback Case Keenum starting the majority of the games. That just goes to tell you have talented and deep this Vikings team is across the board.
Click on the link for more free NFL picks from our expert handicappers.
I just don’t think they are getting near the respect they deserve coming off their bye, which is an even bigger advantage this late in the season. Minnesota has had two weeks to prepare for the Redskins, as well as refresh their bodies and minds for the stretch run. On the flip side of this, you have a Redskins team that just played a very physical game on the road in Seattle, where they really had to grind it out for the win. I just think it’s going to be tough for Washington to bounce back with the kind of effort needed to take down the Vikings. Keep in mind that this is a Redskins team that has just been decimated with injuries here over the last month.
Lets also not overlook just how fortunate a win that was for Washington against the Seahawks. They were outgained on the game by nearly 200 yards and benefited from 3 missed field goals by Seattle kicker Blair Walsh. If he just makes two of those, good chance the Seahawks win that game. I think if the Redskins would have lost, we would be looking at the Vikings laying closer to a field goal.
I also like the matchup here for Minnesota’s offense, which is really the key to their success, as the defense is one of the best in the NFL and will hold the opponent in check more times than not. The Vikings are at their best when they can establish the running game and should be able to do just that against the Redskins. Washington’s run defense has taken a big hit with the recent injuries and have allowed 139.4 yards/game against the run over their last 5.
Lastly, the Redskins are just 1-5 ATS in their last 6 home games vs a team with a winning road record and 1-5 ATS in their last 6 off a SU win. Give me the Vikings -1.
- Amount Bet on the Super Bowl & How Much Vegas Won
- Super Bowl 53 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- Super Bowl Prop Bet Results
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Pool Gambling Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 52
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Best Las Vegas Casinos/Sportsbooks to Bet & Watch the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City
- Betting Super Bowl 52: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing NFL Head Coaches with Most Appearances