The Washington State Cougars will play for a spot in the Pac-12 Championship Game as they take on the Washington Huskies in the Apple Cup this weekend. Kickoff is set for 8:00 EST on Saturday, November 25 at Husky Stadium in Seattle. The game will be nationally televised on Fox.
The Huskies are listed as 9-point favorites at home. The over/under for the Apple Cup is set at 50 points. Click here to check out a full list of Week 13 betting odds and links to game previews.
Washington State vs Washington Vegas Game Preview & Betting Odds
Washington enters the Apple Cup having already been eliminated from contention in the Pac-12 North division. The Huskies pulled off a shocking come-from-behind win against Utah last week to improve to 9-2 on the season. But their loss to Stanford a couple weeks ago makes it impossible for them to finish ahead of the Cardinal in the Pac-12 North.
Meanwhile, Washington State beat Stanford earlier in the year, giving them the tie-breaker over the Cardinal. Of course, the Cougars need to beat Washington on Saturday in order to tie Stanford with a 7-2 record in Pac-12 play. A win for Washington State and the Cougars will play USC in the Pac-12 Championship Game next week. Otherwise, it’ll be Stanford playing in the title game.
Unfortunately for the Cougars, recent history is not on their side. The Huskies have won seven of the last eight Apple Cup meetings. It’s also important to note that Washington State hasn’t won in Seattle since 2007.
Free College Football Against the Spread Pick: Washington State +9
This is a tough game to call because the motivation is completely different on both sides. The Cougars need to win to reach the Pac-12 title game while the Huskies are just hoping to play spoiler. That takes a lot of pressure off Washington, which can work to their advantage. However, the spread is too big for my liking. The Cougars may not win, but they also won’t let Washington win going away and beat them by double figures, so I’ll lean toward Washington State.
To be fair, the Cougars have had some ugly road games this season. That has me a little concerned. But they’ve also had two weeks to prepare for this game and every reason to be at their best. The same can’t be said for Washington, who has not played up to their potential the past couple of weeks.
Click on the link for more free NCAA football picks against the spread and total.
The Huskies have one of the top defenses in the country, but they’ve given up 30 points in their last two games. A vulnerable Washington defense could be in trouble against Washington State’s offense.
Behind quarterback Luke Falk, the Cougars have an explosive passing attack. After a rough stretch earlier this season, Falk has thrown for over 300 yards each of the past two weeks. Unless the Washington defense turns things around from the past couple of weeks, they could struggle to keep the WSU offense under wraps.
Of course, the Huskies can score points too. Washington has good balance on offense, and like they’re in-state rivals, there’s only been one or two games this season when they’ve struggled to move the ball. The Washington State defense has played well at times this year. But I have to think they’ll have their hands full against a balanced attack.
All things considered, I don’t see the Huskies having an easy time in this game. The Washington defense has looked rather average the past couple of weeks, which makes me think this will be a close and competitive game into the 4th quarter. I just don’t feel confident in the Huskies covering 9 points, so I’ll stick with Washington State and the points.
- Betting College Football Bowls: Power 5 vs Mid-Major Conferences
- College Bowl Betting Tips: Rest or Rust for Long Layoffs?
- Oklahoma State vs Colorado Alamo Bowl
- Vegas Betting Predictions: Camping World Bowl Free Spread Preview
- Texas A&M vs Kansas State Texas Bowl
- Utah vs Indiana Foster Farms Bowl
- Pittsburgh vs Northwestern Pinstripe Bowl
- NC State vs Vanderbilt Independence Bowl
- Boise State vs Baylor Cactus Bowl
- Boston College vs Maryland Quick Lane Bowl
- North Texas vs Army Heart of Dallas Bowl
- Vegas Odds & Game Preview: Hawaii Bowl Betting Odds & Predictions
- Ohio vs Troy Dollar General Bowl
- South Florida vs South Carolina Birmingham Bowl
- Idaho vs Colorado State Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
- Old Dominion vs Eastern Michigan Bahamas Bowl
- Vegas Game Preview : Army vs Navy Betting Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Betting Preview: Gasparilla Bowl Game Spread & Free Betting Pick
- Vegas Betting Line: Frisco Bowl Game Spread & Free Betting Pick
- Western Kentucky vs Memphis Boca Raton Bowl