It’s hard to believe that we already to the final week of the regular season. Below is a full schedule with the betting odds for Week 17 of the 2016 NFL season.
Unfortunately the schedule didn’t work out to where we have a lot of great matchups. The only game in Week 17 where both teams have something to play for is the Packers vs Lions. The winner of that game will win the NFC North. Though Detroit could clinch a playoff spot with a win over Dallas on MNF in Week 16. That game has been flexed to Sunday Night Football.
There’s just a handful of games where the games matter. Two that will get a lot of attention is the Raiders at Broncos and Chiefs at Chargers. If Oakland wins, they get the No. 2 seed and first round bye. If they lose and KC wins, the Chiefs jump up to the No. 2 seed and the Raiders drop to the No. 5 seed. The big story line is Oakland will be without starting quarterback Derek Carr. He broke his leg in the blowout win over the Colts on Saturday and is done for the season.
Other big games on tap include the Saints at Falcons, Seahawks at 49ers, Patriots at Dolphins, Giants at Redskins and Panthers at Bucs. Atlanta has already won the NFC South, but can clinch the No. 2 seed with a win. If they lose and Seattle beats SF, the Seahawks get the No. 2 seed. New England needs to win to lock up the No.1 seed (can also get it with OAK loss).
The Redskins really need Detroit to lose to Dallas on MNF. If that happens and the beat NY, they would be in as the No. 6 seed. They can also get in if they win and the Lions beat both the Cowboys and Packers. As for the Bucs, they are hanging on by the slimmest of margins. Tampa needs to win, have the Packers lose to Detroit and the Redskins/Giants game end in a tie.
As for the rest of the games, it’s what makes handicapping Week 17 so difficult. You just don’t know which teams are going to show up or just throw in the towel. You also have to look out for teams resting starters who are already locked into a spot in the playoffs.
I’ll do my best to help you out by previewing a number of the games over the next few days. In these I’ll give out my early lean on either the spread or total. Links to all previews will be included once they are published.
You can also click here for more free NFL picks from our other experts on staff.
Week 17 NFL Odds (From 5Dimes)
Sunday, January 1st, 2017
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
|1:00pm||New England Patriots|
New York Jets
|4:25pm||Kansas City Chiefs|
San Diego Chargers
|4:25pm||New Orleans Saints|
|4:25pm||New York Giants|
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
|8:30pm||Green Bay Packers|
- Most Super Bowl Wins – NFL Teams With Multiple Rings & Championships
- Updated Odds to Win Super Bowl 52
- A Look at How Much Money is Bet on the Super Bowl Each Year
- List of Quarterbacks With Multiple Super Bowl Starts
- Complete List of Players Who Have Won the Super Bowl MVP Trophy
- Super Bowl Winning & Losing Head Coaches
- Historical Super Bowl Lines: Past Las Vegas Point Spread & Totals
- List of Available Prop Bets for Super Bowl 51
- Super Bowl Betting Pool Games: 10×10-Square Grid & Prop Bet Sheet
- Super Bowl Tickets Prices – Average Cost & How They Are Distributed
- Patriots vs Falcons
- Cost of Super Bowl Commercial Prices Over the Years (30-Seconds)
- Super Bowl Fun Facts
- Betting Super Bowl LI: Odds to Win the MVP Award
- Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas & Tips For Hosting the Big Game
- Super Bowl Betting Tips & Handicapping Guideline
- Super Bowl Upsets – Top 5 Biggest Surprises in NFL History
- Super Bowl History – Look at the Worst Chokes of All-Time
- History of the NFL Super Bowl Championship Rings
- Complete History of the Super Bowl Curse & Host City