Handicapping during bowl season is distinct from handicapping college football during the regular season. Teams take on unfamiliar matchups, there are different motivational factors in play, some teams have longer layoffs, and more. Our goal this season and every season is to help you prepare for betting on bowl games and guide you toward profitable situations. There is no one winning strategy to turning a profit on bowl games, however, with this guide to handicapping bowl games we know you can increase your winning percentage.
Winning Bowl Betting Systems: Situational Advantages
These articles highlight situations that only tend to arise during bowl season. The focus is finding spots where teams are in positions they are not used to and have a difficult time adjusting to them.
- How Teams Perform in Bowl Games Off of a Blowout Loss – This article shows how teams fare against the spread when their last game of the regular season or, in some cases, their conference championship game ended with them losing in blowout fashion.
- Same Season Revenge in Conference Championships or Bowl Games – Exploring the rare cases when teams meet for the second time in the same season in either their conference championship game or bowl game.
- Performance in Bowl Games Based on Winning/Losing Steaks to End the Regular Season – As the title suggests, this post delves into situations where a team ends the regular season on a winning or losing streak prior to their bowl game.
- How Conference Championship Winners & Losers Perform in Bowl Games – Here we examine the historical bowl performances of winners and losers of conference championship games.
- ATS Records Based on Days of Rest Prior to Bowl Game – Rest is an extremely important factor in any sport, but it takes a different form in bowl games, where many teams experience extra long layoffs. This is a great look at how this impacts performance.
Comparing Conferences During Bowl Season
A major component to handicapping bowl games is taking conferences into consideration. These articles look at the historical performances of different conferences in different bowl situations.
- Bowl Game Performance by Conference – A detailed breakdown of each conference’s bowl performance against the point spread.
- How Teams With Better Records Than Their Oppnents Perform in Bowl Games – This article starts by showing how teams with better regular season records than their opponents fare in bowl games, but concludes that conference is the most important factor to consider in these situations.
Handicapping College Bowl Odds & Regular Season ATS Records
The articles in this section aim to find specific situations where the bowl odds themselves can tell us a lot about a matchup. It may also be worth exploring how good and bad teams against the spread end up doing in their bowl games.
- How Teams With Poor ATS Records Perform in Bowl Games – Do teams that lose against the spread in the regular season continue that trend into their bowl games? This article explores answers this question in depth.
- How Double-Digit Favorites Fare in Bowl Games – Finding out whether or not double-digit favorites perform any bettor or worse than single-digit favorites in bowl games.
More Bowl Betting Strategies
- Heisman Winners Performance in Bowl Games – A look at how heisman winners and their teams have performed in bowl games.
- 2018 NCAAF Playoff Odds: Betting Favorites & Future Predictions
- Vegas Preview: Alabama vs Georgia National Championship Game Free Pick
- Oklahoma vs Auburn Sugar Bowl
- USC vs Penn State Rose Bowl
- Louisville vs LSU Citrus Bowl
- Washington vs Alabama Peach Bowl
- Florida vs Iowa Outback Bowl
- Michigan vs Florida State Orange Bowl
- Ohio State vs Clemson Fiesta Bowl
- Wake Forest vs Temple Military Bowl
- Betting Bowl Games: Handicapping Regular Season ATS Records
- Bowl Game Betting System: Are Teams With More Wins a Good Bet?
- TCU vs Georgia Liberty Bowl
- Georgia Tech vs Kentucky TaxSlayer Bowl
- Western Michigan vs Wisconsin Cotton Bowl
- Betting Against Bowl Teams Coming Off Blowout Loss
- South Alabama vs Air Force Arizona Bowl
- Tennessee vs Nebraska Music City Bowl
- Stanford vs North Carolina Sun Bowl
- Virginia Tech vs Arkansas Belk Bowl