Power rankings are a tool that should be in every handicapper’s arsenal. They provide you with a simple and basic predicted line on a game. Some offer specific numbers whereas others just rank the order of the teams. You can combine power rankings to come up with your own unique take on each team. I don’t have a specific power ranking formula myself, but rather I use a hybrid of several known sources. Below is a list of power rankings that I have found online.
- NBA.com – Updated every Monday and gives just a quick description of the teams last seven days. You can also see offenseive/defensive ratings and pace.
- ESPN – Another ordered list that shows which way teams are trending as well as general thoughts on how they are doing.
- Fox Sports – Their updated rankings include the best and worst each team has been during the season.
- CBS Sports
- Team Rankings – Adds records for how teams have done against each tier.
- Jeff Sagarin – has three different sets of ratings.
- Compughter Ratings
- Time Travel Sports – shows how the ratings predict the winners of each game that day.
- Sonny Moore
- Logical Approach
- The Prediction Tracker – compare several different power rankings all in one spot, plus see how each one has done both straight up and against the spread this season.
Our Complete Lists for Other Sports