There’s all different kind of ways to bet on the Super Bowl. Sure, the most popular ways are to make a wager on the side or total. A lot of money will also come in on prop wagers. One of the more popular prop bets is the odds to win the Super Bowl MVP.
I’ve include the odds to win the MVP for Super Bowl 51 below. As you can see, there’s a number of players listed from both teams. The favorite to win the award is Patriots quarterback Tom Brady at +160. Next in line is Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan at +250.
The fact that the two signal callers have the best odds to win the award, shouldn’t come as a surprise. Looking back over the year at the Super Bowl MVP Winners, you will see the position has dominated the award.
There have been 51 MVP awards given out and 27 of those have gone to the quarterback of the winning team. The last two do so was Brady in SB XLVIII in New England’s win over the Seahawks.
Last year it was Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller who won the award. Miller was the 4th linebacker to win the award and just the 10th defensive player overall to win.
Given how high-scoring this game is expected to be, I have a hard time seeing a defensive player winning. With that said, Atlanta outside linebacker Vic Beasley (+3300) has the best odds of any defensive player.
My money would be on Brady or Ryan taking home the hardware. Only problem, is the payouts not get on either of those. Might not be a bad idea to take a gamble on an offensive player from the team you think is going to win. If this isn’t for you, don’t worry there’s a ridiculous amount of prop bets made available.
Super Bowl 51 MVP Odds
|Tom Brady (NE)||+160|
|Matt Ryan (ATL)||+275|
|Julio Jones (ATL)||+750|
|Julian Edelman (NE)||+1200|
|LeGarrette Blount (NE)||+2000|
|Dion Lewis (NE)||+2500|
|Devonta Freeman (ATL)||+2500|
|Chris Hogan (NE)||+2500|
|Tevin Coleman (ATL)||+3300|
|Vic Beasley (ATL)||+3300|
|Mohamed Sanu (ATL)||+4000|
|Logan Ryan (NE)||+5000|
|Martellus Bennett (NE)||+5000|
|Austin Hooper (ATL)||+6600|
|Matt Bryant (ATL)||+6600|
|Taylor Gabriel (ATL)||+6600|
|Stephen Gostkowski (NE)||+6600|
|James White (NE)||+6600|
|Malcom Butler (NE)||+6600|
|Devin McCourty (NE)||+7500|
|Deion Jones (ATL)||+10000|
|Dwight Freeny (ATL)||+10000|
|Eric Weems (ATL)||+10000|
|Keanu Neal (ATL)||+10000|
|Danny Amendola (NE)||+10000|
|Don’t’a Hightower (NE)||+10000|
|Malcolm Mitchell (NE)||+10000|
|Patrick Chung (NE)||+10000|
|Rob Ninkovich (NE)||+10000|
|Levine Toilolo (ATL)||+10000|
|Chris Long (NE)||+10000|
Remember, in order for a player to win the award his team likely has to join the list of Super Bowl winners. It’s tough to play well enough for the losing team to deserve this much credit.
- Expert Betting Tips: How to Handicap AFC & NFC Championship Games
- Super Bowl 52 Betting Predictions: Favorites & Odds For Every Team
- NFL Game Preview & Free Pick Against the Spread: Jags vs Pats
- Vegas Game Preview & Betting Pick: Vikings vs Eagles
- Vegas Game Preview & Free Betting Pick: Saints vs Vikings
- Vegas Betting Preview: Jaguars vs Steelers Game Odds & Free Pick
- Vegas Game Preview: Titans vs Patriots Preview & Pick
- Vegas Spread Preview: Falcons vs Eagles Game Line & Free Betting Pick
- Free Wild Card NFL Teaser Pick – Best Available Odds & Predictions
- Saints vs Panthers
- Vegas NFL Betting Preview & Free ATS Pick: Bills vs Jags
- Vegas Betting Preview: Falcons vs Rams Game Line & Free Pick
- Vegas Spread Predictions: Titans vs Chiefs Betting Odds & Game Pick
- Handicapping Repeat Divisional Matchups in the NFL Playoffs
- Cardinals vs Seahawks
- Vegas Betting Preview: Chargers vs Raiders Game Odds & Free Pick
- Giants vs Redskins
- Texans vs Colts
- NFL Game Preview & Betting Pick: Lions vs Packers
- Vegas NFL Game Preview: Eagles vs Cowboys