Welcome to the biggest and best baseball handicapping guide on the planet.
Handicapping Major League Baseball is no easy task. That’s why we’ve assembled a comprehensive list of tools and resources to help you beat the sportsbooks!
Handicapping Major League Baseball: Finding What Works & What Doesn’t
Baseball is a sport of statistics, perhaps more than any other sport. That means you are bombarded with numbers in every matchup that you research. Our goal is to help you sift through the data and find what really matters when trying to pick a winner in Major League Baseball.
Don’t Be Just Another Square Bettor
Squares take any talking point they hear on ESPN or read about on the Internet and try to apply it to some half-baked betting strategy. There’s a reason most bettors fail, and a big part of it is not learning what logically makes sense versus what makes a good headline.
If you win, we win! Our sole purpose is to make you more money this season. We have some amazing handicappers you can follow, but if you can use our resources to win on your own, that’s a win our our book as well!
The Ultimate List of MLB Handicapping Resources
Handicapping baseball is markedly different than it is for any other sport. There is a long season to consider, plus the fact that you are typically betting on the moneyline as opposed to against the spread.
You should be able to use the moneyline to you advantage. If are betting small favorites and underdogs, you can actual profit more than you would in other sports (betting against the spread) because you don’t necessarily need to hit as high of a percentage of your bets.
While this certainly doesn’t guarantee profits, it does make it much easier to win long-term, especially because there are so many games to choose from each week.
If you are someone who is new to betting on baseball or simply want to take your game to the next level, I’ve put together a list of the best resources to help you with your MLB handicapping this season.
- Baseball Handicapping Essentials
- Key Matchup Tools
- Proven Strategies & Betting Systems
- Season Predictions, Futures, Win Totals, & Props
- Top External Resources
- MLB Extras: Salaries & Mock Drafts
Chapter 1: Baseball Handicapping Essentials
Chapter 2: Key Matchup Tools
Chapter 3: Proven Strategies & Betting Systems
Chapter 4: Season Predictions, Futures, Win Totals, & Props
Chapter 5: Top External Resources
- Baseball Weather – A great resource showing ballpark orientation along with detailed weather information.
- Baseball Prospectus – A deeper look into the lesser-known statistics that make players and teams successful.
- Baseball Reference – An infinite resource of baseball statistics, records and information.
- Statfox – Detailed matchups and statistics with betting angles on every MLB game.
- Baseball HQ – One of the leaders in a new way of looking at baseball through advanced analytics with a focus on Sabermetrics.
- Covers MLB Umpires – Detailed records of every MLB umpire throughout the season (home team records, over/under numbers, etc.)
- FanGraphs – Tons of useful statistics on individual players and teams in an easily accessible format.
- Sagarin Ratings – World-famous MLB statistical rankings by Jeff Sagarin.