Having a hard time building your bankroll betting the NBA? Don’t worry, you aren’t alone. Picking winners on the pro hardwood on a consistent basis is no easy task. The biggest problem I see with amateur bettors is they don’t take full advantage of the information that’s available to them.
That’s why I have put together the ultimate NBA handicapping guide. Everything you need to start winning more of your wagers is available in this guide. I’m confident that you will start seeing bigger profits in no time. All you have to do is start using the information out there to your advantage.
Betting the NBA: Find What Works & What Doesn’t
Don’t fall victim to the age-old mistake of “paralysis by analysis”. You could spend years sifting through the endless number of statistics, trends and potential situations.
Our guide pares all of that information down into something you can actually use.
Knowledge is Power!
Once you understand the key betting strategies that actually work you can continue to learn and adjust to changes in the NBA. There is no magic bullet. Long-term success will require effort and the ability to adapt.
Learn to Love Incremental Improvements! You aren’t going to go from someone who wins 48% of their bets to someone who consistently wins 60% of their wagers over night. It will take time to hone your skills and build a winning strategy that will work for the seasons to come.
The Ultimate List of NBA Handicapping Info
Everyone can benefit from more quality information. Schedule analysis, injury reports, and power rankings are just a few of the many resources you need to know backwards and forwards if you want to win like the handicappers that do this for a living.
Below you will find the last NBA betting resource you will ever need! Rest assured that we will continue to curate this guide so that it can provide you with the most up to date information.
- Understanding the Odds
- Key Matchup Tools
- Home Court Advantage, Rest & Injuries
- Advanced Systems
- Futures, Props & More
- Experts & Free Picks
Chapter 1: Understanding the Odds
Chapter 2: Key Matchup Tools
- List of Top Power Rating Resources
- Statfox Team Offensive Stats
- Statfox Team Defensive Stats
- ESPN’s Hollinger Team Statistics
- ShrpSports – Series History
- Scores & Odds – NBA Trends
- Vegas Insider
- Stats Inc
- ESPN Chalk
- USA Today
- SB Nation – Team News & Information
Chapter 3: Home Court Advantage, Rest & Injuries
- Boyd’s Home Court Advantage Ratings
- Reasons Why Home Court Advantage Exists
- Home Court Edge Right Before All-Star Break
- Key Rest Situations
- Boyd’s NBA Injury Report
- 82Games.com – Individual Player Ratings
- Handicapping Injuries to Star Players
- How Teams adjust to Injuries
Chapter 4: Advanced Systems
- Understanding Situational Handicapping
- SportsDataBase (Create & Test Your Own Systems)
- Defending Champions in Opening Game
- Betting Teams Before or After Playing the Defending Champion
- Regular Season Short-Term Revenge
- Handicapping NBA Games During CFB Championship & Super Bowl
- Betting NBA Best & Worst Teams Final Quarter of Season
- Playoff Zig Zag Theory
- Teams Up 2-0 in NBA Playoff Series
- Teams Up 3-0 in NBA Playoff Series
- Betting Teams Off Sweep in Playoffs
- Handicapping Game 7 of Playoff Series
Chapter 5: Futures, Props & More
- NBA Finals Odds
- Regular Season Win Totals
- All-Star Weekend Prop Bets & Odds
- Odds to Make NBA Playoffs
- Correlated Side & Total Parlays
- Correlated First Half & Full Game Parlays
- Understanding Teasers
- NBA Teaser Tables
- Comparing Basketball Teaser Payouts by Book