Prepare to take your college basketball betting to the next level with the most comprehensive handicapping guide ever assembled.
Using our complete list of tips and resources you will be extremely well-equipped to take on the sportsbooks from the regular season to the NCAA Tournament!
Handicapping College Basketball: Information is Power
You need to gather as much relevant information as possible if you want to win your bets. Where most bettors fail is using information they think matters when it does not, or using incorrect or incomplete information. All of that stops now.
Don’t Keep Using a Losing Strategy
If what you are doing now isn’t working, it isn’t going to magically start some day. Use our tools and resources to build a new approach and get on the winning side of things sooner rather than later.
Every Edge You Add Matters! It should go without saying, but small tweaks and advantages here and there add up quickly and can have a huge impact on the size of your bankroll. We have an excellent roster of handicappers available to do the work for you, or you can use this guide and start your own winning tradition!
The Ultimate List of College Basketball Handicapping Resources
From the regular season to the NCAA Tournament, handicapping college basketball is a complex undertaking. There are literally hundreds of teams to keep track of. Scheduling and injuries play an important role in determining the outcome of a game, but those are only two of a long list of potential variables that could impact the outcome of a game.
Below you will find the only resource you will ever need for handicapping college basketball games. We have also added our massive NCAA Tournament Primer to help you win your brackets and office pools, or to win money betting on the games.
- Using the Odds to Your Advantage
- Key Matchup Tools
- Proven Betting Systems
- Top External Resources
- Ultimate NCAA Tournament Primer
Chapter 1: Using the Odds to Your Advantage
- How to Bet – A great resource for beginners who want to learn the basics of betting college hoops.
- Odds – Live odds for upcoming games.
- Teasers – Detailed guide to betting college basketball teasers.
- Teaser Payouts – Where you can find the best teaser odds.
- Key Numbers – Looking at the key numbers for college basketball betting an when it makes sense to buy points.
- Spread to Money Line Conversion – Comparing expected money lines to actual historical money lines based on the point spread.
- Records by Spread – How teams perform based on their point spread.
- Correlated Parlays – Combinations that will kill a book.
Chapter 2: Key Matchup Analysis Tools & Information
Chapter 3: Proven Betting Systems & Strategies
Chapter 4: College Basketball Extras
Chapter 5: Top External Resources for Advanced Metrics
- Ken Pomeroy – One of the most advanced college basketball power rankings in the world.
- Covers – A solid all-around resource focusing on college basketball betting trends.
- Dolphinism – Another advanced college basketball power rankings site.
- Statfox – Detailed game matchups along with strong trend analysis.
- Jeff Sagarin – USA Today’s famous college basketball rankings by Jeff Sagarin.
- Scout.com – Great resource for scouting and other player-related information.
- Stats.com – Lots of college basketball stats, plus great live game information so you can follow games you can’t find on TV.
- Team Rankings– Advanced team rankings and in-depth, lesser-known statistics that you won’t find anywhere else.
- The Prediction Tracker – Tracks the performance of many of the major college basketball power rankings available online.
- Vegas Insider – Shows betting trends and tracks ATS records for every college basketball team.
Ultimate NCAA Tournament Primer
Handicapping the NCAA Tournament is quite a bit different that handicapping regular season games. We’ve compiled an incredible resource for filling out brackets as well as betting on tournament games.
Help with Brackets & Other Contests
- Expert Picks – Jimmy’s complete bracket picks for this year.
- Bracket – Printable/Downloadable blank bracket to fill out.
- Bracket Contests – The tournament contests from around the Internet.
- Bracket Tips – Smart tips to help you win your bracket pool.
- Perfect Bracket Odds – The mathematical probability to picking a perfect bracket.
- Sweet 16 Bracket – Updated predictions plus a Sweet 16 bracket you can download or print.
- Upset Predictions – Picking which teams will pull of upsets this season.
- Sleepers – Teams that could make a deeper run than most experts think.
- Player Fantasy Draft Pool Rankings – Ranking all of the top players in the tournament for fantasy draft purposes.
- How to Win Pools & Contests – A game theory based strategy to winning NCAA tournament pools and contests.
Seed Specific Tips
- Tips by Seed – Seed-specific tips to follow when filling out your bracket.
- First-Time #1 and #2 Seeds – How teams do the first time their school is a top seed in the tournament.
- How Deep Each Seed Has Gone – A comprehensive list showing the furthest stage of the tournament reached by every seed.
- Lowest Seed to Make the Championship – List of every team seeded higher than 3 to make the championship game.
- High Seeded Mid-Majors – Looking at how top-seed teams from smaller conferences perform in the tournament.
Betting the Tournament
- How Much is Bet – Amount bet during March Madness.
- Handicapping – Our experts’ best advice for handicapping during March Madness.
- Odds – Current odds to win the tournament, plus archived odds and the preseason odds for past tournament winners.
- Final Four Betting History – Archived point spreads and results for every championship game and Final Four matchup.
- ATS Records by Seed – How different seeds do against the spread during March Madness.
- Consensus Picks – Consensus Final Four and National Champion picks from top experts.
- How Many Fill Out Brackets – In terms of people and average entry fee.
- Conference Tournament Odds – Past champions, dates, TV listings, and odds to win each league.
- History – Important facts and key statistics in March Madness history.
- Trends – A look at historical trends in the tournament to help you fill out your bracket.
- Ticket Prices – How much tickets cost for this year’s locations.
- Coaches – A detailed look at tournament coaching records and performance versus expectations.